The One Club works to reuse and recycle all packing materials, but that is not always possible with some of the materials we receive.
Reusable foam core, bubble wrap and packing peanuts are posted through online classifieds and are often picked up by local artists, advertising students and movers. Despite this, the One Show is left with a considerable amount of waste.
It is important to show restraint when packing your entries, not just for our sake, but also for the Earth's.
Please consider the following when preparing your entries for shipment:
- The most effective way to package your print entries is to lay a bunch of them flat in between two pieces of thick foam core. Securely tape the foam core on all sides. Then wrap and tape your package securely in brown shipping paper. Don't forget to include your itemized list and payment forms inside your package.
- Ship your Data CD/DVDs in one box or padded envelope. It is not necessary to wrap your digital entries in bubble wrap. The cases and the box are enough to secure the entries. Better yet, make use of the Upload Media button to save on discs and shipping.
- There is no need to individually package each entry. Although we appreciate meticulously packaged entries, do not go overboard and individually wrap each piece. Separating pieces by media is fine, but there is no need to package each print in its own envelope.
- Be conscious of excessive bubble wrap. It is not necessary to put your entries into an envelope and then wrap that envelope in bubble wrap. More often than not, the entries with the most bubble wrap still arrive bent, please keep that in mind.
- Remember that it is necessary to send the correct amount of pieces. If the same print or television piece is in two categories, you must send two separate prints or Data CD/DVDs. The One Club staff will not move entries from a category to fill incomplete campaigns.